Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pampered Stay - Stylish Hotel with a Difference

What is the mindset of a tourist when it comes to choosing a hotel?
Well, most of the time, it is ties down to the budget, location and “comfort”.
For budget traveller, comfort is equivalent to clean and tidiness; for people with a handsome budget to spend, it is always the hotel rating star that matters.   Be it for business or leisure trip, after a long day of business appointments or sight seeing/shopping spree , everyone sure would like to escape back to the hotel and unwind in their hotel room.

For me, a comfortable hotel make me feel at ease once I stepped into the hotel lobby and I can totally relax in the guest room for hours; better still,  be pampered by the services. 

I had stayed in more than 40x hotels in Bangkok over the past ten years, ranging for motel to 5 star accommodation; and there are two hotels  that fit into my “comfort” bills.  Namely So Sofitel and Hotel Muse. 

These hotels gave me a feel of privacy, intimacy and luxury right after I stepped into the main lobby. Upon arrival, guests are greeted by the friendly and helpful staffs , followed with a unique welcome drink that casts a remarkable first impression.  Once I resided to the room, I were further impressed with its décor and fell in love with its elegantly designed bathroom, featuring free-standing French roll-top bathtub and washing basins.

So Sofitel is categorized as luxury hotel designed by Christian Lacroix by Accor group. It has a fresh and hip décor theme. The rooms are available in Metal, Wood and Earth elements; whereas the Water element is only available in suite ( I yet to try ).  And Earth element is my preferred choice. Facing the lumpini park, the hotel offers a spectacular open city view.

Hotel Muse Bangkok is categorized under the MGallery – a selection of exceptional and memorable hotels by Accor group.  The hotel interior design and décor exudes an interplay of classic European signatures juxtaposed against ornate Asian motifs. The guest room is opulent in design, coupled with its award winning restaurants and roof top bar, this Bangkok Boutique Hotel is unique among its peers. Ranked number one in my Bangkok hotel choice for its style and value for money ( less than $300 per night )

These are the hotels that I would highly recommended for people who like to experience a difference and be pampered with the hotel services.  Don’t get me wrong, I can’t afford to stay in these hotels throughout my trips in Bangkok.  What I did is just to spend my last day of my trip in these hotels ; refreshing myself before  going home..  

And I would like to promote the concept of “hotel hopping” by switching hotel stay daily on the conditions that a)  one has to travelling light, and b) knowing how to outsmart the city traffic while hopping.  By  moving and staying in a different neighborhood, one is  able to enrich the tour experience and get to love or hate the city. Oh! I Love Bangkok !















No comments:

Post a Comment